Business Development Manager – International Freight Forwarding – Houston,TX
In Humble, Texas we’re looking for a seasoned salesperson with a proven history of achieving sustained success in the freight forwarding industry. This is a unique opportunity to join a business that is growing rapidly and expanding its sales team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- This person will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with importers and exporters by initiating services, informing the operations team of their shipping requirements, and following up to make sure their needs are met. This person would be based in the Houston office.
- Find potential customers and make contact with them.
- Offer new clients enticing packages and engage in price haggling to get their business.
- Pay attention to detail and delegation
- Inform the operations personnel of the operational procedures in detail.
- Sell all services to existing clients.
- Help set up initiatives that will help attract new business
- Driving revenue and profitability development across many modalities and verticals
- To provide clients with accurate recommendations, stay up to date on industry developments. Record daily progress on a CRM.
- 5+ years of sales experience in the freight forwarding industry
- Motivated and determined
- Outstanding organisational abilities
- Exceptional business sense
- Possess a solution-oriented mindset.
- a track record of success in obtaining new business
- Relationship manager with years of experience
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Communicator who is articulate and self-assured
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience in a business-related subject
This is a direct-hire, full-time, permanent position.