Inside Sales Support
Location: Hounslow, London
Salary: £20,000 – £30,000
The main purpose of this position, which reports to the Internal Sales Team Leader, is to assist with day-to-day quotations, BDM inquiries, and calls to existing/dropped-off/new clients. To concentrate on expanding ocean and airfreight opportunities, which involves making requests and following up on any prospective new business opportunities, as well as raising knowledge of the company’s product and capabilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prospecting for business opportunities and support BDM’s and other staff members.
- Actively develop opportunities from customers, networks, and agents.
- Obtain relevant information from customers to complete quotations and supply best possible solution.
- Keep operational staff & Customers fully updated on pending orders that will need to be processed and space secured.
- Source buy rates where required and produce quotations from the system.
- Ensure all Quotations and costs are loaded onto computer system, checking for accuracy.
- Ensure all Quotations are responded to and actioned within a timely manner.
- Follow up on quotes with clients and agents and secure bookings.
- Be aware of company product, services, key selling points and general market knowledge.
- Develop constructive relationships with key customers and key partners/agents, resolving any concerns and ensuring corrective action is taken.
- Deliver new sales opportunities with overseas partners and agency networks in line with Strategic Sales campaigns and promotions.
- Maintain all records within company systems, with focus on sharing pertinent information with management and colleagues.
- Achieve or exceed key performance indicators set. These should be reviewed weekly and summarised monthly along with action plans for improvement for the following month, as appropriate.
- Propose events and activities to enhance APGL’s connection with potential target customers and markets. Attend events, as appropriate and agreed.
- Complete weekly & month end routines as directed by your line manager.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 2+ years experience within the industry preferable
- Preferably multi-modal experience (Air,Sea,Road) but not essential
- A pro-active attitude
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work and meet deadlines
- Possess team player qualities
- Able to plan ahead
- Computer literate