Project Coordinator – Freight Forwarding – Humble, TX
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor all assigned worldwide projects, engaging with important internal departments as needed for problem-solving and escalation.
- Manage origin activities and collaborate with the management team and equivalents abroad, as well as with suppliers, factories, agents, and origin offices.
- Ensure adherence to laws and regulations (TSA, US Customs, etc.).
- Respect guidelines, benchmarks, and operating procedures to guarantee consumers receive top-notch service.
- Make sure the data is accurate, and do a thorough examination and file closeout.
- Support continuous improvement plans and actions to ensure steady progress is made in documentation, customer relations, rating, quoting, booking, tracking, and invoicing activities.
- Maintain courteous, prompt, and efficient customer relations.
- Prepare timely management information and reports as specified and requested.
- Ensure compliance with Hazardous Materials regulations.
- Ensure all vendors meet service standards and policies and provide Noatum Logistics with the best possible price and service.
- Identify areas to improve service levels, problem resolution, and proactive approach with service providers and systems for each client.
- Develop and maintain successful relationships with local vendors (e.g., steamship line representatives, airlines, freight forwarders, customs brokers, local pickup and delivery companies, regional trucking companies, line haul providers).
- Treat proprietary information with the utmost confidentiality and maintain the security of computer systems.
- Work directly with the client to develop KPI’s/reporting to enhance communication, visibility, and control of their supply chains. Participate in business reviews as needed.
- Understand the clients’ supply chain and analyze the data to identify, define, measure and report on areas to add value to each account’s supply chain.
- College degree in business administration, engineering, international transportation, and logistics, or related degree.
- 3 to 5 years operational experience in international freight forwarding or international transportation.
- Knowledge an