Account Manager (Freight Forwarding)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operationally handle one account and work with the sales rep to keep them satisfied
- Gaining a comprehensive understanding of the client requirements.
- calculating and negotiating AIR, ROAD, SEA and RAIL quotations.
- Managing the freight bookings from collection through to final delivery.
- Building relationships with the Existing clients both over the telephone and face to face.
- Delivering a high standard of customer care at all times.
- To meet with key suppliers to maintain the most advantageous rates.
- Fortnightly operations management meetings, contributing to the overall efficiency of the business.
- Ideally Ocean, Air, Road and Rail freight operational knowledge
- Excellent customer service or sales experience
- Confident communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- Can work to deadlines and handle pressure
- Quick thinker / problem solving
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic character
- Ability to work with and support a team
Salary: $75k – $90k
This is a direct hire, full-time, permanent position.