My client a global freight forwarder based in Dartford is looking to expand their team of freight forwarders. The Freight Forwarding operator will be responsible for the timely and efficient processing of all imports/exports and third-party country moves, in line with client directives and standard operating procedures. The ideal candidate will be a multimodal operator who can come into the company and hit the ground running.
The Freight Forwarding Operative is responsible and accountable for (but not limited to) the following:
* Planning the most appropriate route for shipments, considering the nature of the goods, cost, transit time, and security
* Process all export requests from client or line manager
* Ensure ongoing communication with client throughout each export requirement
* Monitor ‘door to door’ exports travel until successful delivery is made within the timeline required.
* Produce quotes when required, ensuring the best solution/options are provided to the client
* Provide support to colleagues in team to ensure timely close out of all jobs
* Process customs declarations through ASM Sequoia software in accordance with instructions and HMRC compliance
* Maintain a thorough understanding of HM Revenue & Customs regulations
* Adhere to destination specific documentation requirements
· Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
* Ability to work as a team
* Good communication skills, both written and verbal
* Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
* Conscientious and flexible
* Experience completing, rating and routing AWB’s
* Good knowledge of Ocean freight and associated documentation
* Proficient and able to complete Export Customs Entries.
· Previous experience working for a freight forwarding company
* A knowledge or background of working with air freight shipments
* Transport of Hazardous goods training or qualification
* Good administration skills and knowledge of Microsoft packages
* Previous experience using an in-house operating system
33 days holiday per annum
Probationary Period – 6 months
SimplyHealth cash back scheme membership after successful completion of probationary period.