IMPORTANT PLEASE READ: Only if you are an Ocean Export Manager currently working with a Freight Forwarder will your application be considered.
LOCATION: This position may work 100% remotely from almost anywhere in the USA but must be able to work east coast or central time zone hours.
SALARY: $80,000 – $95,000 per year
As a hands-on Export Manager, you will manage some key accounts while overseeing a team of remote Ocean Export Specialists. Our goal is to work with our employees on maintaining strong customer relationships, loyalty, and retention.
- Seek innovative ways of exceeding customer expectations
- Optimize costs and stay within Department Budget
- Lead resolution of difficult issues and escalations
- Seek the most profitable mode of transportation while meeting the customer’s requirements for the movement of their cargo.
- Arranges cargo with ocean carriers, NVOCC’s, truckers, and drayage companies.
- Liaison with sales on account management
- Provides best rate quotes for customers
- Negotiates rates with carriers
- Track and trace cargo as necessary to ensure proper movement and delivery.
- Respond to customer inquiries and proactively communicate with them regarding the disposition of cargo
- Proactively identify gaps and contribute to the process of establishing controls resulting in zero compliance issues
- Produce and distribute complete booking confirmations.
- Disseminate ship, motor, or rail carrier information to other offices.
- Miscellaneous departmental duties such as verifying and distributing invoices and documents, providing Accounting with proper billing information, and other traffic functions.
- Provide for a transparent and inclusive workplace fostering tenacity, teamwork and personal and professional growth
- Lead and develop team members motivating them to provide the highest level of client satisfaction.
- Establish & maintain performance standards with quantifiable objectives
- On-board new team members providing them with the proper resources including training on our SOP’s and software tools/systems.
- Manage staffing to ensure workload balance and consistent team coverage
- Support team with systems issues/discrepancies, accounting/financial management, cargo claims, disputes, …
- 5+ years of ocean export operations experience within the logistics or