Location: Houston, TX
Salary: $80,000.00 – $100,000.00
Benefits: Fully paid medical/dental insurance and 401k
Daily Duties & Responsibilities
- Establish pricing for both ocean and air opportunities, possessing a thorough understanding of tariffs, price conversions, weight, and volume of merchandise exported to foreign destinations
- Manage, develop and train the export staff in areas of shipping and export administration regulations and procedures to provide excellent customer service
- Identify areas of concern in the clients’ export processes through monitoring of team performance against company and client standards, regular audit of shipment documents and accounting, and periodic client reviews.
- Ensure team is in full compliance with Governmental regulatory bodies (FMC, IATA, TSA, etc.) in order to protect core legal and financial position.
- Audit documents/processes including invoices, bills of lading, and shipping statements to ensure compliance with federal and foreign regulations governing the shipment, receipt, and documentation of exported commodities.
- Audit files closings to ensure timely invoicing and maximum profitability
- Review, approve, and assist with the development of written procedures for handling each account, including schedule of service fees, shipment and booking process, and any other related information.
- On-board clients to be handled within your team, creating seamless transitions, maximizing client retention.
- Communicate operational and commercial needs of the branch and the branch’s clients to overseas colleagues, guaranteeing operational consistency and customer satisfaction