Customs Entry Writer – Atlanta,GA
Salary: $50,000 – $65,000
This is an exclusive role for a seasoned, Freight Forwarding, Entry Writer who has past experience in a Freight Forwarding, Brokerage department. My clients aims to drive and build upon an already strong foundation with their Atlanta, GA office. Become part of the team and apply today to secure an interview.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Filing of entry/entry summaries, customer contact, electronic PGA, prior notification, electronic FCC, USDA, TSCA billing, RLF filing all across the country.
- Furnish HTS to clients, ISF filing, present clients with air and ocean import freight quotes, research for new clients, make sure files comply.
- Classify all goods being imported and then request or compile the necessary documentation, including cargo-control papers, customs invoices and certificates of origin.
- Arranging for the shipping and warehousing of goods that have cleared customs brokers only file. Communicate with the customer service team for proper documentation.
- Familiarity with the ACE/ABI system.
- Monitor all processes and ensure compliance with all Federal regulations and customs duties.
- Coordinate with several departments and sustain compliance with all import operations.
- Prepare required documents and procedures according to company standards and assure compliance with service requirements.
- Ensure that freight paperwork is completed and approved before transportation.
- Secure knowledge of all industry rules and regulations and perform all custom functions.
- Uphold a strong and professional relationship with transportation agencies and sales.
- Demonstrate an emphasis on customer satisfaction per company policy
- Maintain shipment records and ensure billing is completed within a timely fashion.
- Assisting as a backup for alternative accounts.
- Execute other duties as designated.
- Expected to maintain conformance to ISO 9001 / ISO 14001 integrated management systems.
- Must comprehend the U.S. Harmonised Tariff Schedule
- Must be able to forecast problems and be able to liaise with governmental companies to resolve them
- Must be capable of Filing and following ISF’s
- Must comprehend FDA, USDA, Fish & Wildlife, EPA, and other government agencies when applicable
- Follow up with Customs and OGA, to guarantee customs releases.
- Perform an Audit of the file to ensure all customs formalities have been satisfied
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2+ years of Brokerage experience
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Office skills
- Professional and gracious demeanour
- Displays a flexible and open-minded willingness to adapt to new environments and be a team player.
- Must have to conform to ethical standards.
This is a direct-hire, full-time, permanent position.