Customs Broker/Entry Writer – International Freight Forwarding – Dallas, TX
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Filing of entry/entry summaries, customer contact, electronic PGA, prior notification, electronic FCC, USDA, TSCA billing, RLF filing all across the country.
- Furnish HTS to clients, ISF filing, present clients with air and ocean import freight quotes, research for new clients, make sure files comply.
- Classify all goods being imported and then request or compile the necessary documentation, including cargo-control papers, customs invoices and certificates of origin.
- Arranging for the shipping and warehousing of goods that have cleared customs brokers only file. Communicate with the customer service team for proper documentation.
- Familiarity with the ACE/ABI system.
- Monitor all processes and ensure compliance with all Federal regulations and customs duties.
- Coordinate with several departments and sustain compliance with all import operations.
- Prepare required documents and procedures according to company standards and assure compliance with service requirements.
- Ensure that freight paperwork is completed and approved before transportation.
- Secure knowledge of all industry rules and regulations and perform all custom functions.
- Uphold a strong and professional relationship with transportation agencies and sales.
- Demonstrate an emphasis on customer satisfaction per company policy
- Maintain shipment records and ensure billing is completed within a timely fashion.
- Assisting as a backup for alternative accounts.
- Execute other duties as designated.
- Expected to maintain conformance to ISO 9001 / ISO 14001 integrated management systems.
- Must comprehend the U.S. Harmonised Tariff Schedule
- Must be able to forecast problems and be able to liaise with governmental companies to resolve them
- Must be capable of Filing and following ISF’s
- Must comprehend FDA, USDA, Fish & Wildlife, EPA, and other government agencies when applicable
- Follow up with Customs and OGA, to guarantee customs releases.
- Perform an Audit of the file to ensure all customs formalities have been satisfied
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 5+ years of Brokerage experience
- Demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Office skills
- Professional and gracious demeanour
- Displays a flexible and open-minded willingness to adapt to new environments and be a team player.
- Must have to conform to ethical standards.
This is a direct-hire, full-time, permanent position.
Salary: $57,000 – $68,000
Location: Dallas, TX