Midas Recruitment – America’s Leading Freight Recruiters
Air & Ocean Import Specialist
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Enter transportation information for administrative and tracking purposes.
- Ensure that regulatory requirements are met and that precise documentation, such as transit documents and customs clearances, is available for shipments.
- Ensure that documentation is precisely processed, distributed, and discharged in a timely manner to carriers, forwarders, customers, and agents.
- Prepare all significant data entry and confirmation of critical milestones (departure, arrival, customs clearance, PODs, etc.) in accordance with Customer Standard Operating Procedures.
- Maintain polite, prompt, and efficient customer service.
- Oversee and complete accurate billing to clients based on established pricing, while maintaining accurate costs and profits.
- Oversee the pick-up and transfer of shipments with appropriate partners.
- Establish an understanding of Incoterms and commercial invoice requirements.
- Develop methods and procedures for transporting commodities from local or offshore locations to warehouses, other storage offices, or final consignee locations for designated shippers.
- Prepare management information and reports as specified and requested by the Branch Manager in a timely manner.
- To remain competitive, negotiate shipping rates and submit them to the Branch Manager for approval.
- Customs entries and bonds must be prepared.
- Develop and manage successful relationships with local vendors (such as airline representatives, freight forwarders, customs brokers, local pickup and delivery companies, regional trucking companies, and line-haul providers) and other co-load carriers.
- Establish and manage all necessary procedures to ensure that all personnel work in a clean, well-organized, safe, and healthy environment.
- 2+ Years of Experience in Import Operations in the Freight Forwarding Industry
- Bachelor’s degree in business, logistics, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of knowledge and teaching Proficient in using Freight Forwarding software (Cargowise 1, SAP, AS400)
- Understanding and application of Microsoft Excel and database functions
- Mindset that is outgoing and forward-thinking, with the ability to decode problems quickly.
- Knowledge of applicable state, federal, and international laws and regulations as they pertain to primary services provided (i.e., customs, security, other import and Import government agencies)
This is a direct-hire, full-time, permanent position.
Salary: $50,000 – $67,000